Lovely village hidden in the mountains in the north of Tenerife.
At first I didn't know what to expect from this place. BUT, as soon as we arrived in this village, it immediately flashed in my head - this will be the second Masca. For those who do not know, Masca is a small village located in the mountains on the northwestern part of Tenerife and is built several hundred meters above sea level. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island.
Taganana really impressed me at first sight! It is located in the far north of Tenerife, next to the Anaga Forest and close to beautiful black sandy beaches such as Benijo and Almáciga. It is a Canarian village surrounded by mountains, full of palm trees, dragon trees and overlooking the ocean.
Tips for you
• You can get to Taganana easily by bus as well - n. 946 towards Almaciga from Intercambiador Santa Cruz.
• Don´t forget to look out from the windows of the bus or car on the way to Taganana - it leads through mountains and impresses you with amazing views.
• Get off the bus on the station called Taganana and after entering the village go the most up and enjoy the view of the village, mountains and ocean.
• Try to find the abondoned house I described in the article.
• Visit local restaurant called Casa Picar. It´s opened every day beside monday and enjoy autentic canarian food.